Thursday 13 June 2013

Melvita Pro-Sun Gradual Self-Tanning Moisturising Gel-Crème Review

The natural, DHA free and super moisturising self tanning crème by Melvita!

Whether you struggle to get a tan naturally or just want to acheive a beautiful gradual tan safely; Melvita have the answer to every pasty girl's prayers...
Let me introduce the Melvita Pro-Sun Gradual Self-Tanning Moisturising Gel-Crème which i was fortunate enough to win from one of my favourite online beauty and skincare sites - Feelunique. This little beauty, unlike many of its contenders, contains NO DHA and still leaves you with a lush sunkissed face and body... sans the nasty biscuit smell! Perfection, right?!

In fact, the formula smells absolutely delightful; think of the scents and products you usually opt for when at the beach, very summery indeed with the fragrance of coconuts and creamy vanilla...It's not at all overpowering but just enough to be able to transport your mind to a beautiful tropical beach and back! I digress, but the scent of this product is just divine and well worth a mention. The tube contains 150ml and will cover the body a good few times from head to toe I'd think but I've been using it mainly for my legs so it should last me much longer. As you can see from my swatch above, the formula is quite thick and creamy - ideal for when smoothing over your body as it glides effortlessly and is intensely nourishing which is essential for achieving an even gradual tan. Although it's very creamy and thick, I found the product took no time in sinking in to my skin and didn't feel greasy to touch after; just super soft skin was left in it's wake. 


As for the results, I must say i'm hooked! The tan is quite light to start off with but builds up nicely with time if you apply it each day or until you get to the colour you like. I went a very gorgeous shade of golden olive and I loved how natural the finish was. You can use this on both face and body but I personally found this a little too moisturising for my oily/combi skin but it will work wonders on normal to dry types. The most important factor for me with this product is the fact that it's natural and uses organic ingredients such as buriti, safflower, coconut and sunflower oils to give a long-lasting, even and skin friendly tan ALL year long!







2 comments:

  1. This looks lovely! High five to Melvita for no fake tan biscuit smell. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great!!Considering the lack of sun here I really should find a suitable option for my pale skin :)
    Thanks for sharing!

    Ila x

    http://cleanserblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete