Sunday 2 March 2014

My S/S14 Swimwear Picks

My love for swimwear somehow grows year on year yet how could it not with the amount of new glam, sophisticated and sometimes outrageous sexy designs that keep hitting the shelf! Below are my absolute faves for summer 2014 and although I won't be buying them all (sigh, I do have expensive tastes...) I shall certainly be investing in one or two key pieces for my jollies this year so I need your help deciding which is worthy of packing in my suitcase!

In no particular order....


Seafolly is one of my favourite go-to brands for fun and playful swimwear. This year, I'm loving the retro floral print bandeau and bottoms; so feminine and pretty. I couldn't find them listed for sale anywhere yet so the name and price is currently unknown. I think I will definitely purchase the 90's style zig zag 'Mod Club Slide Tri (£90 for the set) as I'm obsessed with anything with a bit of neon yellow/green of late!

Naughty but nice swimwear is one of my life's littles vices... I only look to one place if i'm after something sexy; Agent Provocateur, of course. Styles like the new 'Tricja' bikini (£495) with detachable neck and waist chains verges on obscene, but I love it.

This sparkly little number is again from AP. The 'Zonia' bikini (£235) is in the most classic of shapes, the triangle, and one of the most revealing. I can just imagine how much this would glitter on the poolside in full glare of the sun. Innocent bystanders will need their sunnies fixed firmly on!
Ahhh, the Agent Provocater Mazzy bikini (£195)... Still going strong after it was first intro ducted in S/S12 with the orange and black shades when sports luxe swimwear was all the rage. I cannot get enough, each new shade they bring out tempts me beyond belief although if I had to pick one that I wasn't too mad about, it's the newest pink and black. It's almost looks like the monochrome version that I already own, the pink is too washed out. The neon one above though is far from being mute, it's so in your face bright it's almost crass but not quite. It's most certainly not for everyone, and it's grown on me. I've seen it so many times in people's holiday pics and they just look perfection on a tanned bod by the beach. It gives incredible cleavage too, even for modest boobage!

I only discovered Melissa Odabash swimwear last year and i've never looked back. She designs the most sophisticated and feminine swimwear and the quality of the fabrics is unrivalled. The fit, the feel... nothing comes quite so close. Undeniably some of the most comfortable swimwear I have ever worn and style isn't compromised at all. I've got my eye on the sporty monochrome 'Ponza' bikini set (£172) and the 'Cali Top' (£115).
I usually never EVER wear anything animal print, but i'd make an exception for the below 'Palm Zebra' set (£172). Not at all tacky, just wild and beautiful.
 
The Barrie cover up dress (£220) looks so delicate and chic, I just fall in love when I see it.

I am so sad that I only discovered Triangl swimwear as of last week... I've been seeing loads of pics featuring this pretty contrast bikini in both the above orange colour and a bright pink and I was dead set on buying it until I realised it was no longer for sale, literally anywhere :( I'm not so sure it would have been so flattering on me as it looks pretty full cupped and I would look so flat chested but still... swoon!

Now all I need is that beach body! ;) Roll on summer 2014....







No comments:

Post a Comment