Monday 25 March 2013

Stila Smudge Sticks Review

Water Proof Eyeliner by Stila in Bluefin + Moray £13 each


I thought I would do a little review of my Stila eyeliners after tweeting about them yesterday with @GlamWhispers and @Irresistablyfly and getting quite a few responses from other fellow beauty junkies. If you haven't tried these eyeliners before, you haven't lived, they are really are THAT good! Check out the video below to see the staying power whilst i'm rubbing away my swatches...

I would go as far as to say they are my holy grail eyeliner - they are super pigmented and waterproof making them perfect for nights out or, dare I say it, long summer days and holidays abroad where humidity usually wreaks havoc with our makeup. These eyeliners literally don't want to budge once applied, if you rub them a few minutes after, they pretty much look the same as when applied, a bit of the shimmer may vanish but the pigment is barely impacted. They come off really easily with an oil based cleanser, like the DHC cleansing oil I got in a Glossy Box a while back.

With Flash 
Natural Lighting
I bought a pretty deep midnight blue (Bluefin) and a greeny olive shade (Moray) and although they are a little more expensive than the usual high street brand, they have been worth every penny, honestly. I love how intense the pigment is, you don't have to keep applying to build up, it's there straight away. The shimmer is one of the main things that drew me to this product; it's very shimmery but not child-like. It's sometimes hard to get that mix right, it's either too much or too little in the way of sparkle I find but this nails it as there is no fall out of glitter particles around the eye and it glimmers when caught by the light mainly, so there's no massive chunks of glitter mixed in. All very blended.

There's quite an array of shades to choose from, I might try a new one for summer... I'd love to hear your thoughts on this eyeliner too, what's your fave shade and have you found any other product to rival the pigment and staying power of Stila's Smudge Sticks?


P.S

I tweet loads of makeup stuff on Twitter, so if you're beauty bonkers too, come say hi and join the conversation! I'm @Brill_Brunette :)

Much Love

BB x


No comments:

Post a Comment