Sunday 25 November 2012

Just Bitten

I'm loving the berry and plum lip colours that can be seen in every magazine and catwalk this winter and thought i'd give the vamp lip a go for myself!

I've got a few lip products that fill the bill...


From left: Dior 'prune smoking', Bobbi Brown 'plum pearl', YSL Rouge Volupte 'mysterious red' and Dior ultra-gloss 'flash'


The Dior lipgloss has got shimmery deep berry glitter in it which looks AMAZE over almost any reds/plums and intensifies their colour quite dramatically. I've put it over the Dior & YSL lippy below.

In same order as above listing, with no flash.

No flash but Dior & YSL swatches have had the Dior gloss coated over them.

With flash and gloss over Dior & YSL

As you can see, the Dior gloss really brings out the colour of the 'prune smoking' and 'mysterious red' shades. I've never worn the gloss on its own, I prefer it as an intensifying gloss over berry lipsticks. The Bobbi Brown shade is very sheer but can be built up slightly with a few coatings but still very vamp. My fave for a rather matte dark lip is the Dior 'prune smoking' - very odd name but it's perfect for the glam goth look for a/w12. It still has a slight sheen which I like, as I can't seem to carry off the 100% matte shades that are about. 

Are you trying out the just bitten look this winter? There's a shade for everyone... Give it a go and be sure to post a pic for me to see :)

Just bitten lips... YSL 'Mysterious Red' with a lashing of Dior 'Flash' gloss.

Bite me.

No comments:

Post a Comment