Wednesday 30 June 2010

My First Chanel Nail Polish - Nouvelle Vague (Limited Edition, S/S 2010)

Ever since I can remember, I have always had a place in my ❤ for all things Chanel. I can't remember where I first clapped eyes on the iconic quilted 2.55 Chanel bag, but ever since, it has been my ambition to own one someday. I'd be better off with a tote, tbh, as I really do carry a lot of 'necessities' everywhere with me. Mini brushes, make-up compacts, my iPhone (which is pretty big I think!) and books/mags etc etc...

I don't know why I haven't bought any of Chanel's polishes before now, the price was a big factor; just over £16 is the most i've ever paid I think. I would always look them up on blogs and in magazines. I knew it had to be something special to make me splash out, and boy oh boy is Nouvelle Vague special :)

It has this summer's candy sugared shades covered, with this pale baby blue twist. I say twist because it looks blue with a hint of turquoise shining through. Infact, this is also my first light blue polish in my collection too! I didn't think it would go to well with olive/tan skin like mine is but when I saw it, well, I didn't care. Tan be damned! I was pleasantly surprised that the blue sat very nice with my shading, and even though it's eye-catching enough already, a tan really makes the colour 'pop' that little bit more!

It makes me think of holidays, pretty clear turquoise shallows and summer skies...

The only thing I don't like, which shocked me a little, is the actual nail brush applicator. It felt very thin and stiff, like an old fashioned, cheap polish I used to have when I was little. A little inflexible, meaning the application requires an extra steady hand. Requires a generous coat too, as the first coat can be streaky. Definately worth it for such a gorgeous summer shade though. It also has some of the best staying power i've come across in polishes, still going strong with no chips whatsoever after a week almost. Usually, with the amount I use my hands, I start to see little chips by now.



6 comments:

  1. gorgeous colour!!! ♥ congrats ur a channel girl now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lovely shade. Similar to the Jade.

    http://stylebouquet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beatiful color...I missed out on this one. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for following me! I love the blog name! <3

    I love that nail colour! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww i love this colour!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just buy Chanel nail polish since a couple of years, cause of course it is quite expensive, but quality nowadays means expensive, doesn't it?
    Btw love that color

    http://ifsogirl91.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete